Escape of water damage is one of the most common types of domestic property damage claims—more than fire or theft. These aqueous accidents of course can stem from floods and storms, but most involve burst washing machine hoses, bathroom or roof leaks, and general toilet, water tank, hot water tank or refrigerator piping malfunctions. The result? Water damage that can run you in the thousands of pounds.
Sure, you can place dumb water detectors that emit an alarm when pools appear. But these detectors are only effective if you’re home to hear the alarm, and can take the action quickly. If you’re often out of the house, on the road, simply at work, or own a second home, you want a Smart WiFi water sensor. Unlike an alarm no one may hear, a Smart WiFi water sensor can transmit an emergency alert to your smartphone and help you to prevent an unwanted aquatic event. By combining the SM302 WIFI water sensor with our WIFI Water Shut-Off Valve Control installed on your water pipe, you can have your water supply in the house shut off remotely when a leak is detected by the sensor. All you need is setup an automatic scenario in SmartLife or Tuya app.
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n – 2.4 Ghz
1. Download Smart Life application from App Store
or Google Play
2. Open Smart Life app on your phone
3. Register and login
4. Press on + sign to add a new device
5. Select Other -> WiFi connector as the device type and press blue button on the next screen
6. Press and hold the Reset button on the device for 6 seconds, the indicator will blink rapidly
7. Continue with adding the device by entering your WiFi details and pressing Confirm button
8. In a few seconds the new device should be found and added to the Smart Life app
SM302 Smart WiFi Water Leakage Sensor
3M adhesive sticker