The sensor is composed by two pieces, the main unit and the magnet (smaller part). Both create a closed circuit when attached to each other. To trigger an alert, the circuit must be broken by moving the parts apart. The door sensor can be installed on many moving objects like doors, windows, drawers etc. For the circuit to remain closed, the maximum distance between the parts should be no more than 10mm. The energy saving Zigbee module allows a longer operation period of up to 1 year or more, depending on the usage.
Tuya Zigbee Gateway / Samotech SM310
Amazon Echo Plus (Alexa App < v. 2.2.345151.0)
Amazon Echo Show 2 Gen (Alexa App < v. 2.2.345151.0)
Amazon Echo Studio (Alexa App < v. 2.2.345151.0)
SM310 Zigbee Smart Gateway
1. Open Smart Life app and tap the Zigbee Gateway. Tap Add sub-device and select Contact Sensor. Follow on-screen instructions to continue.
2. Ensure your mobile phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network and the sensor is as close to the Zigbee Smart Gateway as possible.
3. Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds until the network – pairing indicator starts flashing on the sensor. Follow the on-screen instructions on your phone to finalize the setup
4. The sensor should now be ready and operational.
Amazon Echo Plus / Echo Show 2nd Gen / Echo Studio (Warning: the latest Alexa app update is breaking the status display while the sensor still works OK in routines)
1. Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds until the led indicator starts flashing
2. Ask Alexa to “Discover new devices”
1. Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds until the indicator starts flashing
2. Add Device by Scanning for Nearby devices
3. Initially the sensor will be identified as a Thing in the app with no device handler assigned
4. Log in to SmartThings Groovy IDE with the existing Samsung account to assign a compatible device handler
5. Edit the Thing and change the type to Open/Close Sensor. After a few moments it will synchronise with the app and start fully operating as the door sensor
Wireless Zigbee Door Sensor
3M adhesive stickers
Installation and Operating Instructions
Battery (SM300Z – CR2450 / SM312Z – CR2032)